Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Run Forrest Run...

So I've decided I'm gonna go all the way back to last year and blog about a few exciting things that took place. First memorable event of the year was the Country Music Marathon in Nashville. It was so much fun, and I would love to do it again.



                                                     Waiting in line to begin the race.


                                            
This marathon was a part of the "Rock and Roll" marathon series, and there were approximately 38,000 people running it. There was a band every mile of the race, and the route took you through all the scenic areas and beautiful streets of downtown Nashville. There were people lining the streets to tailgate and cheer us on, and there was a post race concert that featured a more famous band. I can't even remember who it was-we were so exhausted we didn't even go out to celebrate that night.




                                                              Cheers!!!




Next time I run 13.1 miles I will make more of an effort to train for it. This is me trying to walk the next day. Advil and Icy Hot were my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment